May 10, 2016
Rose by Carte Noir
Cool & Perfect Pate a Choux
Learn How To Make Perfect Pate a Choux with this Simple Picture Tutorial. This Basic Recipe will become a staple of your Pastry kitchen. You’ll be enjoying Cream Puffs, Profiteroles, Éclairs, and Gougeres in no time!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the water, butter, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and cook until the butter is completely melted and the mixture is simmering.
- Add in the flour all at once, and continue to cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until the dough gathers itself into a ball and a film begins to form on the bottom of the pot.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, and beat on medium speed.
- Drop in the eggs, one at a time, while continuing to beat. Allow each egg to become fully incorporated, before adding the next (about 30 seconds to a minute).
- Pipe or spoon the dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, allowing about 3 inches in between each puff.
- Bake time can range from 20-40 minutes, depending on size. Remove from the oven when they are puffed, golden brown, hollow, dry, and light.