Hello, this is my go to recipe for a tangy sweet taste, I really hope you like it!!!
In my country, we have good weathr almoost all of the time, and we get to.have good tangy-sweet juicy lime year round. So, I use lime, not lemon, but its ok to choose between the two. The thing with lime is that it is a bit bitter tha the regular american yellow lwmon, which tends to be a bit sweeter. Mine is good and it blows everyone’s heads!!!!
STARBUCKS COPYCAT LEMON CAKE
For the cake:
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1/3 cup fresh lime juice as I said, you can use american lemon
1/2 cup canola oil
zest of one lime or lemon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons whole milk (I was out of milk, so I used half and half)
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I used 325 degrees). Grease and flour a 9 X 5 loaf pan, I used this mold.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
3. In a mixer bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined. With the mixer running, slowly pour in the lemon extract and lemon juice (the lemon extract and lemon juice can curdle the eggs, so we want the mixer running to combine quickly).
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. You can do this by hand. Stir the oil and zest into the batter until completely mixed.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached (about 45 min at 350 degrees; about 57 minutes at 325 degrees). Remove from oven onto a wire cooling rack. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes while you prepare the glaze (whisk glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth and well-combined). Pour glaze over warm cake and let cool completely in pan. Store tightly covered. Keeps well for several days.
Some of the websites say that the loaf falls.out.of the mod while.cooking, I think that maybe if you cook it a little lower in temperature.
Mine was just fine… in fact, I prepared 2 cakes. 😉